Pikes Peak Pop Warner offers competitive youth tackle football in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, Monument and surrounding areas.
In 2011, our teams excelled to incredible levels.
The Monument Blizzard Junior Pee Wee team, made it to the Southwest Conference SEMI finals (3rd round)
The Monument Blizzard Pee Wee team, made it to the Southwest Conference quarter finals (2nd round)
The Monument Blizzard Junior Midget team, made it to the Southwest Conference finals (4th round)
Here are a few of the many reasons you should join Pop Warner:
- 100 yard fields in high school and college stadiums
- State and National Playoffs system
- Certified high school referees
- NO TRYOUTS! – Pop Warner programs have no tryouts or cutting of rosters!
- Programs in 42 States & 7 Countries – Pop Warner has active programs in 42 states and 7 different countries.
- More than just athletes! – Pop Warner is the only national youth sports organization in America that requires its participants to perform adequately in the classroom before permitting them to play.
- Little Scholars Program – Pop Warner is the only national youth sports organization in America that rewards its members for their outstanding performance in the classroom.
- Stability – Pop Warner is the oldest national youth football and cheerleading organization in the world. Founded in 1929 by Joe Tomlin, we now have over 140 leagues and over 425,000 members.
- It’s Inexpensive – Signing up for Pop Warner Football, Cheerleading or Dance is inexpensive. A typical registration fee for each participant ranges from about $175 to $200 for the season.
- It all starts here – The National Football League Players Association (NFLPA) estimates that between 60% and 70% of all NFL players began their careers playing Pop Warner Football. View a list of all alumni.
- Pop Warner National Championships – Each year, Pop Warner hosts the Pop Warner Super Bowl and National Cheer and Dance Championships. For the past 11 years, the event has taken place at ESPN’s Wide World of Sports Complex™ at Disney World. More than 300 cheer and dance squads and 64 football teams compete for the right to be crowned Pop Warner National Champion.
- National Scholar Banquet – Pop Warner hosts an awards program each year to celebrate the accomplishments of our participants. Nationally, we select First Team, Second Team and Honorable Mention All-American Scholars.
- Mandatory Play Requirements – Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play, so every child is guaranteed to play.
- Volunteers & Coaches – We have over 40,000 volunteers and coaches that are being trained every year to offer the best and safest programs for you and your children.
- Background Checks – Pop Warner programs nationwide are required to annually conduct a background check of Coaches, Board of Directors members and any other persons, volunteers or hired workers, who provide regular service to the league and/or have repetitive access to, or contact with, players and/or spirit participants. The purpose of these background checks is, first and foremost, to protect the children.
- Safety, Safety, Safety! – Kids compete with kids of similar age and size. Pop Warner is the ONLY youth football program (local, regional and national) that sets and enforces a strict AGE & WEIGHT MATRIX that reduces the risk and reality of injuries. Did you know that Pop Warner football is safer than soccer? Pop Warner football has 12% fewer injuries per capita among 5-15 year olds than organized soccer in the same age range!
- Concussion Prevention & Awareness –In addition to its more stringent return to play concussion rules, which have been in place for the 2010 season, Pop Warner recently announced the formation of the inaugural Pop Warner Medical Advisory Board. The Medical Advisory Board was created to ensure Pop Warner remains proactive on all medical issues that affect youth sports, particularly football and cheerleading, with a primary focus on prevention and proper identification and treatment of concussions, hydration awareness, proper nutrition guidelines, and general health and safety issues.
- National Rule Book – Each Pop Warner Region, League and Association receive free National rule books for their organizations.
Practices start in the first week of August. The official season starts in the first week of September. There are 8 regular season games. We have a playoff system that starts here locally and goes all the way to a national championship game in Orlando, Florida where the kids have a chance to play in the “Super Bowl” at the ESPN sports complex.